Working at Rockit Science:
We're an award-winning advertising agency that works with brands across the United States. We believe in good work for good clients. We are highly selective on the clients we work with to ensure our team members have the best opportunities to work with great brands with realistic timelines and expectations. It’s an environment where creativity flourishes and individuals can express their opinions and influence project and client success.
We're on the hunt for an uber-talented individual with a strong work ethic to join our growing team. The position will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of programs and/or projects on strategy, on time and within budget. Candidates should have strong leadership abilities; a solid understanding of marketing, communications and branding strategy; and possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization. The applicant must be dedicated, confident, decisive, hard-working, and energetic, have the ability to prioritize and multitask, have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving with and without team support.
- 10+ years of related work experience
- Self-confident and a decisive decision-maker
- Strong presentation skills with conviction
- Strong ability to analyze variables and make decisions accordingly
- A clear communicator, in person and writing
- A clear understanding of the media landscape
- Creative, strategic thinker
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to convey the strengths of concepts and remain open to input and further exploration
- Uber-strong writing and PR skills
- Crisis Communication planning and implementation
- Experience evaluating RFP and strategic business opportunities in variant markets: Not required
- Coordinates the development of advertising activities in accordance with client’s objectives and budget.
- Guides day-to-day development of advertising activities within approved plans.
- Ensures that progressive stages are approved with adequate time to meet schedules.
- Consults with the team to communicate client goals and to develop alternative strategic solutions.
- Confers with agency disciplines to develop campaign strategy, select media to be used, determine the timing and placement of materials and estimate costs.
- Serves as liaison between a client and the agency.
- Builds and nurtures productive business relationships with vendors and other outside organizations.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Interact professionally with other employees, clients, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Works with leadership to expand the agency brand in and outside of Louisiana.
- Develop and implement a public relations and marketing plan for the agency.
- BA/BS in Communications/Marketing/Public Relations
- Customer/Client Focus
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Detailed Oriented
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Writing Skills
- Strong Hawkeye Edit Skills
- Nunchuck skills, a must
- Arcade skills a plus
- Self-confidence and highly receptive to feedback a must
- A humble sponge that helps increase team productivity through professionalism
- Strong love for coffee, or tea, a must
- Competitive salary based on experience and benefits
- Fully paid employee health insurance premiums
- IRA with employer contributions
- Paid time off
- Annual conference tickets and travel covered by Agency
- Monthly team lunches and coffee drops
- Enjoy all-expense paid trips to visit clients in cities like Dallas, Austin, and Portland where our teams stay at the best hotels and dine at the most delicious restaurants
- Coffee, coffee, and more coffee. We have the finest pour-over and espresso machines and coffee from Portland shipped into the agency
- Office fun and adventure days; bowling, hiking, Top Golf, if it’s fun we do it
- Office Netflix and Xbox for lunch and boredom fun
- Monthly catered lunch and learns
- Healthy and unhealthy stocked snack and beverage bar
- Randomly save and adopt pets around Baton Rouge
- The Agency selects many non-profits to support throughout the year including Toys for Tots at Christmas time
- The newest versions of Creative Suites, Sketch, software, and computer equipment.
How to Apply:
Email creative cover letters, resumes, and three professional writing samples to email@example.com - we look forward to meeting you